Anthony Joshua has stated that he is willing to take a pay cut just to fight with Tyson Fury in the UK, rather than an overseas location.
Anthony Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn had already negotiated a deal worth tens of millions of dollars last year, to take the rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr to Saudi Arabia.
It is expected that the same will happen with a location in the Middle East or Far East if the proposed Tyson Fury mega fight happens next year.
There will be a high amount of interest from all over the world, with countries such as Saudi Arabia keen to host one of the biggest boxing events of next year, if confirmed.
The fight will take place at Wembley Arena in London on December 12, with only 1,000 fans allowed to attend the event.
It is reported that Anthony Joshua is set to lose around £8 million from the title defence not having a sold-out arena.
But, Joshua has now said he’d be open to accepting a cut in his pay to get the fight on in front of the UK fans.
When asked if he’d take a pay cut to make this happen, Joshua replied, “Yeah, why not?
“I’m fighting Kubrat Pulev for a massive pay cut. Matchroom are taking pay cuts this year because we have to keep the sport alive. We are all doing our part at the minute so I wouldn’t mind doing it again.
Anthony Joshua also said that it’s not harming him, and it’s for a bigger cause as well. It’s a big fight, but the main objective is how do we get Fury in the ring?